View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
DRG-ler

Default Head gasket modern style has wrong silicone insert!!!

As I wrote here... recently, it destroyed my head gasket. It burned out between cylinders 3 and 4. After some research, I decided to use a modern head gasket with a silicone insert. Unfortunately, that was an absolute mistake, because the silicone insert in the area between cylinders 2 and 3 does NOT seal a water channel in the head!

As you can see in the video, the coolant leaks between the head and the gasket, not between the block and the gasket.

http://www.drg-ler.de/Bilder/Ford/Ko...ung/Wasser.mp4

As you can see, the block has no water channel in the area of ​​the marking.

The head gasket also has no water channel in this area.

However, the head has a water channel at these points!!!

I have drawn the position of the silicone insert here. (Green) As you can see, the silicone insert at this point does not seal either to the outside or to the combustion chamber. For me, this seal represents a production error, since the design was not thought through to the end and the silicone insert is in the wrong place.

Very annoying for me, because I can now replace the seal again. There have been additional costs, it's more work again, and worst of all, I have to cancel a trip to a meeting because I won't be able to get a replacement until Wednesday. Annoys me a lot!

Just wanted to touch on the topic here so that other users don't get this problem too.

Oh yeah, the head wasn't warped, I checked that.

Greetings from Berlin

Andy
DRG-ler is offline   Reply With Quote