View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 07:00 AM   #259
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

David, Folks,
Well the tractor show is looking like a wash out. We are stuck in rinse mode right now.
Worked on Maple Mustard and Cub Cadet lawn mower yesterday, both were successful projects too.

But I did get to spend some quality time with the 32. Yea the Jib crane that I worked on on the hottest days of the summer last year is getting some exercise! Used the HF leveler, Also a floor jack to stabilize the tranny as its way heavy in the back. Two layers of cardboard at the front pulley to start then when a little more room, a 2020 Snyder's parts book for cushion to not harm than fragile pulley.

The "U" joint slide right apart. it has a key for a driver, which now makes perfect sense.

Pulled off the top shifter tower from the tranny, Yes this had to come off to get this entire out the truck.

Well lubricated in there. That old 600 weight is sticky like tar!

So Yes the engine/ transmission is out setting on a pallet. Oh yea don't forget to remove the clutch pivot pin when trying to tug this assembly forward and out of the truck! Just saying! Someone was slipping or it was getting late! There three of us got it done. Me Myself and I. Not sure which one forgot the clutch pin. But we got it out and the engine/ trans assembly came out just fine after that.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-13-2021 at 07:05 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote