View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #251
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Gary,
That is a neat story. Had a relative get hay wrapped around a driveshaft and it stopped the truck too!
Folks,
Any information on the "U" joint construction on my 32 dump? Probably not a lot of folks have even seen these. Anyway trying to disconnect one "U" joint so the engine transmission can be removed.
Sorry its mr yuk in there:

These following pictures are a little rough. The 32 has not had any love in about 85 years.
I removed the front foot board. All the screws came loose.

Some kind of tar stuff in and around toe board at pedals??

Rubber bumpers on back of toe board:

Dimmer switch that probably wont go back in ??

Had to remove the ebrake levers and the levers for the PTO and hydraulic pump valve.
Random pictures inside cab around the trans. I did find the top of the trans cover after a hour of digging accumulated dirt and grease off.
This was after initial cleaning and toe board had just been removed:

A little better, ready to remove the cover off the transmission for clearance to remove the engine and transmission as a assembly.

Also removed the slip cover housing on the torque tube. there was a cup of thick black oil that came out of there when the slip cover was moved away. Was this from leaking rear transmission seal??

Also a shot of the oil pan again for David. He questioned if the rear sealing area was bent?

Hope things are good in Old Ford land!
Thanks for checking in on me!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-12-2021 at 08:49 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote