View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
jerry grayson

Default Re: 1935-36 pickup restoration book

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Jerry, The Board doesn't have an "agenda with this", nor does it not "like you". Something similar happened with another Ford Book, as the Board rejected the concept of a book devoted to only the '38 Ford for the same reason. You see how the problem was resolved? The book was expanded to include the '39 Ford, and is available today as "The 1938-'39 Ford Book".

I understand how you feel hurt by the decision, but consider expanding your book as we did. There are a great many pickup owners of all years that would jump at the chance to own such a book.
Well, the thing is, they gave the O K with the project and let us go with it for several years and then cut it off with no notice! No alternative, just stop. No discussion with us, just stop!! I am familiar with the history and problems with the 38-39 book and this is not the same.
I have been a member of the EFV8 club since the 70's, I am a master and senior judge and have been chief judge at a national meet in Atlanta. I have been an active member and contributed to the club at the local level having served in all of the elective offices. I am now a member of three EFV8 clubs and for the national to just dismiss our efforts with no notice just stinks!!
To expand the book to cover other years is just not practical as a 34 pickup is a completely different animal, as is a 37, 38 and 39. Do you realize how much research and printed pages it would take to fairly cover all the early year pickups? And how much such a book would have to sell for?
jerry grayson is offline   Reply With Quote