View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
gz

Default Re: Andre Hartford Shocks

The Andre Hartford friction shock absorbers are great items. These are reproductions of a very popular shock absorber that was made for high end American/European cars and race cars from the early teens into the 1920s.

I don't think I have ever seen a set on a stock Model A, but it does not mean that they can not be successfully adapted to a stock "A". They have definitely been used on Model A era sprint cars and race cars.

I am familiar with these reproductions and they are top quality-not only in looks but in functionality as well.

Let us know how these work out for you and how you end up mounting them on your car.

Here is a link to the company I have bought them from. Not sure if this is what you saw. There is some helpful information here regarding which model to use vs. weight applications, etc.

https://www.completeautomobilist.com...andre-hartford

PS/FYI: The friction shock absorbers sold by Speedway, Sacramento Vintage Ford, etc These are designed for a Model A and I believe they can be used without modifications. They use the same mounting holes and can be used with the typical, aftermarket "dog bone" links. I know for awhile, these were no longer being made. Not sure if they are making them again, but it is worth looking into.

Last edited by gz; 12-28-2018 at 03:47 PM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote