View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #129
35 v8

Default Re: 1935-36 pickup restoration book

I started the restoration on my 1935 pickup about a month ago. I really need good references. This sounds like it would be ideal. My father bought this pickup from the original owner in 1959 because he was 85 and had decided to give up driving. Cost $150. After three years of it being used as grease wagon on the farm the engine froze up. I was a high school senior and joined an auto club and put a 46 engine with a 53 merc crank three stombergs. At that point mileage was 19,000. Joined the Navy for 24 years. During this time it was stolen off the farm. Where it passed through several hands. In 2006 I was informed that someone had just purchased a truck that sounded like mine. Checked it out and the guy agreed to sell it to me for $800. During the years it was gone several people tried to take it apart the engine was torn down and the merc crank was missing and all of the goodies. Unfortunately people had used a smoke wrench on the bolts holding fenders, which messed up the sheet metal some what. Bottom line there a lot of things I need to learn. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
35 v8
35 v8 is offline   Reply With Quote