View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
TJ97tim

Default Millennials decided on an "A"

Hello All,

New to the forum. New to A's. New to Vintage cars in general.

My wife and I were sitting down and coming up with what we would like to have/do/experience next. We have done the motorcycling thing, we have been blessed with good jobs and a DIY attitude (Large home renovation almost complete, except it is never complete). We don't have any kids yet, but will be starting that in the next few years. At this point in time, we are ready to fill an empty spot in the garage. We explored a lot of different things; mustangs, T-bird, corvettes, muscle car, British, Italian or something that runs, etc. We have come up to the conclusion of an A. We are millennials, the wisdom from Old Timers in this hobby is going to be our best help. I have a second cousin with one, but I think it is just something that sits in his barn that was a hand-me-down.

Questions:

Body Styles? We want to be able to take it for family drives. Do some long drives, weekend vacations, extended touring. We will run it a lot, probably 3 times a week to work either my wife or myself.

Years? What range is best?

6v ok or 12v a must? I know on Ford 8ns the 12v is a must for ignition.

Any club members in the Pittsburgh, PA area? I would love to stop by and get educated.

We are happy to get into this hobby and we are grateful for all the help.

Thanks to the forum,

Tim
TJ97tim is offline   Reply With Quote