View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #11
RockHillWill

Default Re: Wheeling machine availablity

This is notification for those of you that have ordered one of Peters wheeling machines, that your wheeling machine has arrived here in Rock Hill, S.C.

We have unloaded the large shipping crate and inspected the contents and all the wheeling machines have arrived in great condition.

The balance of $1600 is now due, along with the applicable shipping fee. If have not sent the signed copy of the Fastenal shipping agreement that was sent, now is the time for that as well.

If you wish to acquire any of the available accessory items, I can include them in the shipping container and save you shipping costs at a later date. Accessory availability here: http://www.mantiquesresto.com/RestoredItems/Tommasini/TommasiniWheel.html

I will be gone from this Thursday thru Sunday to a car show in Kentucky, but check my emails several times a day. Crating can begin next week.

Two machines have already been crated and sent, and one is scheduled for pick up on the coming Monday.

Regards, Will

JimmySat 002.jpg

JimmySat 006.jpg

JimmySat 008.jpg

FastenalFriday 045.jpg

Those that have had the interest in metal shaping well enough to study the 'art' are to be commended for their recent purchase. Here is a quote from a section of a post made on the Allmetalshaping website.

"At the risk of pissing off a few people I'll simply say here that until you have witnessed a wheel been operated by someone who knows what they are doing you simply don't know what you don't know.

Stiff frames, noodles, cast, fabricated. They are all just rolling anvils and when you take the perceived " pressure component" out of the equation a whole new world opens up.

I ran Pete's McPherson over the week end and made 5 miniature 356 hoods just to try to understand what was going on. PSI will just bite you on the ass. Stretch with a blocking hammer, blend with the wheel and move the material to where you want it .

I wish everyone could just spend a few hours with Peter. He's getting old and cranky now but his logic stands true.
Geoff Moss ( forget the cigarettes and anvils on the floor) produces outstanding results as does David Gardiner Their approach is the same.
The basics just don't change.
Unfortunately You tube has produced " experts" who rely on their disciples for validation and then the myths and mirrors do their job."

I am not a talented metal shaper under any circumstances, but I have learned enough to recognize one now when I see one, and Peter is among the best ones and I am most appreciative of how he has allowed me to hang around and learn from him. "reading' the panel was a new concept to me as well as determining what the metal needs to have done to it before starting.

I thought that using only a stump and a hammer along with an English wheel was archaic and perhaps slow method of metal shaping, but after building several machines in an attempt to increase my skills I have learned that just any old machine is not always helpful. After being fortunate to have gleaned knowledge from the likes of Peter, Kent White, Cass Nawrocki, Jim Hery and others, It became clear that regarding the wheeling machine, it would be wise to learn the correct 'process' before choosing the design of the wheel. Peter's 'process' does not include much/any pressure when used for the 'softer' metals normally associated with automobile restoration like mild steel and soft aluminum.