View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: What Part Would You Want to See Reproduced with Quality?

This is a real subjective post for me but there is one MAJOR factor that many just do not seem to comprehend regarding quality. The majority of the time each & every reproduction item boils down to Costs to Produce, and R.O.I. It is just a matter of Economics 101.

Folks here can make lists a mile long of "dream items" and their peers will jump on the bandwagon. Then someone will jump in and say these vendors need to make better quality however the brutal truth is most people will not pay. I can cite example after example of quality items that were available yet the R.O.I. was so poor, the production was halted. The reason the R.O.I. was bad was because the manufacturer listened to hobbyists who said "if only XXX was offered, it would fly of the shelf!" ...but guess what, it didn't. Folks always seem to find an excuse why they can not step-up and pay the manufacturer's price. "My car is just a driver." or "I'm retired and I can't spend that kind of money."

In the defense of the vendors/manufacturers who do lurk here, most of them are very savvy business operators and they learn quickly about their market. Trust me when I say there is a reason why they manufacture a product to a certain level.

Now here is a thought, ...how many reproduction parts would not be necessary to manufacture if a typical Model-A Restorer could actually restore parts instead of replace parts?? That one kinda 'stings' don't it? My thought is show gratitude for whatever reproduction item is available, and buy the best quality you can afford if you cannot restore what you have.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote