View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Built your own Manifold Heater

Tom,

I have a rusty one-half of a sheet metal heater which came with my 1930 Model A & was stored under the seat.

Instead of horizontally surrounding the manifold, it was positioned vertically around the vertical part of the manifold "and" the vertical part of the exhaist pipe "including" the manifold/exhaust clamp.

The two halves were bolted together, & one half branched off into an integral tee configuration, thus providing heat throught the fire wall to inside the car.

Appears it could have heated quite well; however, for a "safety" announcement, it may be important to consider that "if" the manifold clamped leaked, the occupants would have entered into a very peaceful sleep.

Another vintage accessory feature I still have installed is an interior flat, round sheet metal heater door.

It rotates & slides up & down on a pivot pin on the inside of the vehicle with movement controlled by an enclosed heavy wire with an upper, attached handle located under the passenger side of the metal dash whereby one can regulate the amount of heat entering the car from the inside; or turn the heat all the way to OFF.

Have no idea where this came from, but this interior pivoting manifold heater door accessory works very well.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote