View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #45
Kube

Default Re: Thinking about selling the '34 Phaeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
I placed the value at... at least $40k. I believe $35k for the car is an extremely fair price. In this day, it's pretty much one of a kind. The vast majority in this condition got restored long ago. Dad truly enjoyed his original cars. It really paid off as he got older, as he didn't want to spend all of his time/energy with a bunch of detailing. He could simply pull it out of the garage, and enjoy it... while garnering more smiles/interest than the big dollar restored vehicles.

At this price, I figured a good caretaker from here would have snapped it up by now. I didn't really want to go to the effort of marketing the car, but the next step will likely be crafting an ad for Ebay, and see where that goes. Probably end up in Kuwait or something. lol

I'll let it soak for a little while longer to see if anyone from here is interested, and go from there.

Something about the vehicle just makes you smile!

Mike, I truly enjoy the history of your car and actually like it (the car) as it is much more than if it were restored.
I can understand your mixed feelings about selling it. Lord knows there's been more than a few that I've sold for one reason or another. Some I regret but at the particular time, well, some things have to be.

I wish you well and hope you get what you desire for this car. Unfortunately, your understandable passion for this car, in my humble opinion, won't translate to others at your level.
Still, all it takes is that one guy...

Again, best of luck to you sir and enjoy a great Easter with your loved ones!