View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #1139
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
woofa, thanks for posting the picture. I've always wondered why they did their cams like that, just another mystery of life I guess. I wasn't correcting you, just adding info.

BTW, the proper pronunciation of the gum tree is " you-calla-pedus". I know this is right because my dad told me that many years ago. :-)
Hello Jim.
I don’t mind if people correct me, and I do understand it wasn’t an endeavour you intended. I always welcome your inputs and enjoy reading your contributions.
But after saying that please let me correct you and I’m not trying to be a know-all. The correct way to say gum tree is gum tree. The species is eucalyptus and correct way to pronounce that is you-ka-lip-tis. The picture is from the internet and these gums are growing in part of the country that receives little rainfall. The creature pictured is a Koala commonly called a Koala bear and lives on the leaves of just a few species of gum trees. We have them here where I live. They are not particularly thick on the ground. We get visits from them, in particular and old bull koala. They grunt and sound not dissimilar to a pig.

And for 40 Deluxe I welcome your input as well. A response to you is only partly complete and I’ll complete it and post it in a couple of days.
Cheers, gary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (15.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg images-1.jpeg (9.0 KB, 3 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 10-08-2021 at 03:04 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote