Thread: 302 in a 35
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #8
bbrocksr

Default Re: 302 in a 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
This site isn't going to be much help on late model engine installs or rat rods, LOL. The site is dictated to Ford flathead era vehicles with flathead engines. A number of us also like and build hot rods, both flathead and later engines. But, that is not this site. The HAMB does deal with a lot of later engine hot rods, but don't believe the term rat rod will be taken kindly there and there is a cut off on the engine dates. I would suggest a site dictated to later street rod types of modifications. But, someone might jump in here with an answer, who knows.

Now, all that said, I have done similar mods. Are you using the short front pump and pulley set? There is a big difference in overall length. The sets I am familiar with use the reverse direction on the rotation of the water pump. You may have to have an inset to the firewall to clear the rear of the engine. Rear sumps work fine, or like the double hump pans. I am more familiar with the 5.0 stuff than the 302s, but think they will interchange, again, you have to pay attention to the front cover and water pump set up. And it requires a different oil pickup tube/screen.
What's the difference in a 5.0 Ford engine and a 302 Ford engine?
Bill
bbrocksr is offline   Reply With Quote