View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:39 AM   #38
Hoop

Default Re: Swap meet selling

The best swap meet I ever attended was my first trip to Hershey ... barely organized, out in a pasture with the Kiwanis Club selling "Egg McKiwanis" out of a garage next to the swap meet grounds.

Those who remember the Hershey Monsoons know the days.

The most disappointing swap meet I ever attended was my last Hershey trip with everything on paved parking lots ... homogenized and boring.

But, that's ME!

Clearly everyone has their idea of how to sell and how to buy. There is no "right way."

One of my buddies would hunker down with the first box of junk he came to and sort through every piece digging out real treasures. I'd just leave him. He was like a ferret and found excellent buys ... that was his idea of buying. If you tagged everything and set it up on a table, you'd ruin his good time.

If you want to go about swap meets like it's big business, that's fine. Keep in mind that some of us go for a good time, enjoy the banter, the joking, the bargaining, and are turned off by the ultra serious types.

Do it however you want ... try to enjoy it.

Last edited by Hoop; 03-28-2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo
Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote