View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #129
RockHillWill

Default Re: I could not sit idle, have a new project

I started this project as a means to work on aluminum 'stuff' as my previous job/hobbies were centered around all steel projects, so some of the mechanical 'stuff' gets relegated to the back burner. Bob Kolenda, a fellow member of the Allmetalshaping website offered to lend a hand and came down from Michigan for a week to give me a hand. Bob does maintenance and restoration work for the guy who's an owner of the Miami Heat basketball team and the Detroit Redwings hockey farm team. As such he works on some high-end cars and approaches his work in a more upscale manner than I am used to from working on Model A's. LOL! He did most all of the dash work and wiring and I just gave him free range on how he wanted to do it, and that is why some of the things on the speedster are a little 'different'.

The tubing at the intake runners is going to be used to monitor vacuum, for use in adjusting the dual carbs, I just haven't acquired a second vacuum gauge yet, The lower tubing is for monitoring the oil pressure.