View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #49
Keith True

Default Re: What is your collector car Pet Peeve?

I guess the worst thing about A's are some of the people that try to buy them.Not quite as bad a British bike buyers,but pretty close.I've sold a lot of stuff over the years,but only a couple of A's.I do not want to get involved in selling A's.I've heard things like,I deduct $4000.on the price of every A for a paint job.Also,I deduct $3500.for the price of an engine,we don't know what this one will need.These people walk in thinking they are going to set MY price for me.I set my price knowing what the rodders will pay.If I hear the words,I never pay asking price,any price drop I had in mind just went out the window.They're not buying from me.I had a fellow drive hundreds of miles to look at a roadster pickup I had.I overdescribed the truck,and made it VERY clear the price was firm.I told him,don't drive all the way here thinking you will make me an offer,so come prepared to pay the price or walk away.He just kept saying,ya,ya,ya,we'll see when I get there.He offered me less than half of what I wanted.He got pretty mad when I said no.I told you,$15,000, and not $14,995.I sold it for $14,500 a day later.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote