View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #12
pbishop

Default Re: Cooked corn in radiator

That 'Mighty Mouse' advice was good, as many of us that keep 'The Car' in the barn have a ready supply.

Anyway, do as others have advised. 'FIRST', use a 'heavy duty' flushing product on the engine (follow the directions). Always let the engine 'cool-off' while carrying out this process. Clean up the cooling system as best you can to start with.

Then, 'DO' take the radiator to a 'radiator shop' and have them clean it out for you (you will be glad you did). They will clean out all the tubing as well.

Next, FLUSH the block with a water hose repeatedly (over and over) before you re-install the clean radiator. I would take the water pump off at this point to allow better water flow and also to inspect it as well (always a good idea with the radiator out).

The issue is 'STILL' the corn left in the block (and you know some is still there) - Connect the radiator and then 'AGAIN' use a 'heavy duty' flushing product and FLUSH the engine after running.

Then, disconnect the radiator and flush it and disconnected engine with water, over and over (after running - remember let the motor cool down).

While this may sound like a lot of work, Remember, 'The CAR' is NOT just an automobile, it is a work of LOVE. Pay that extra attention to the ones you love!

That should do it. If you 'still' have issues then you 'may need' a new radiator and/or a new water pump.

My final word, I had Florida heating issues for years. Five years ago I bought a new radiator and 'leak-less' water pump and have not had a single problem since. Runs at 160 at 50 mph, but with my Weber carb I run the car around 65 mph and it stays at around 185 degrees even in the Florida summer. SO HAPPY NOW
pbishop is offline   Reply With Quote