View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 02:31 AM   #40
Karl

Default Re: Help Me -before I go mad

Just an Update
In desperation I took it to my normal shop to have it looked at . Normally I avoid that because even though my guy is pretty good most shops really struggle to understand the ignition system but just couldn't see the wood from the trees . He thinks he fixed it . What he did was monitored the voltage to the coil when he was driving with some long leads Apparrently the voltage would suddenly flucuate widely as he was driving .He found that one of the wires to the sensor for the Chex Oil Pressure sensor was hanging loose and was he suspected shorting out . He fixed this and it was all good on a test drive . However I had removed the Chex gauge as I was suspicious of it and replaced it with the normal ammeter . Hence the wires to the sensor were an earth wire and and a live feed which was not live anymore (unless the bare end of it was touching something hot under the dash) He also backed off the vacuum brake a little . I will test the car tomorrow -I'm not greatly hopeful but will see tomorrow -Karl