View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
Harleymsn

Default Re: Triple Carbs + alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
The 8BA's use an offset bracket that bolts to the front of the manifold, similar to a stock generator. You cannot use the bracket that mounts to the head because of the location of the thermostat housings. 8BA brackets are currently available from Speedway Motors. I believe they are made by Offenhauser. They are also available on the used market, I placed a "Wanted" ad for one on the "H.A.M.B." and had two offers in the next 12 hours. I would suggest trying to find a used bracket, as I believe the Speedway units are overpriced.
I already have the bracket to mount the alternator off the front of the manifold, the bracket that I mentioned 916-67915 was specifically designed for the later flathead 8BA. That is what I am looking for a photo or illustration of it mounted. Speedway, honest Charley and several other shops used to sell the kit, but I believe that they dropped it when the new front mount one's were made. As I said in my earlier post, I want to use this bracket to adapt it to mount the power steering pump for my JAG IFS.
Harleymsn is offline   Reply With Quote