View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 09:28 PM   #19
Ronnie

Default Re: valve seat cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56markII View Post
Yes those are what I remember in the Soix seat grinder set! The pilot that the younger bunch look at with a puzzled expression not knowing what the heck they are and for the flathead For my Neway with my limited assortment of pilots I have found some Soix pilots have the same diameter as Neway as well and I could interchange when I didn't want to use the pneumatic screamer and stones.

You order Neway cutters with a .385" hub for Sioux.Or order with a .375 hub for for non Sioux .375" pilots. I have been associated with Neway. The hubs are not to be removed. They won't sell a hub alone. All in all it is a sound way to do seats in a flat motor. I have done many in chassis valve jobs for a local forklift repair shop. Lots of room to work once the hood is removed. They also perform well on Kohler ohv and Briggs engines as well.I have 6 Kohler command heads in my shop rite now. The fellow that needs them isn't in a rush as the virus has many shops deemed as non essential.Will get them done this week.Easy money as well.

R
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote