View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #8
the human wrench

Default Re: '52 F-1 Engine Swap

I guess a little more info is needed here. This was a "barn find" truck. It's been around Marshfield, Missouri all it's life. It appears it was well used but not abused. I have already installed the front spring bushings, had the king pins replaced, I had the steering box rebuilt, and I am currently working on the rear spring bushings while I have been gathering parts for the engine swap. I have a 9" rear end from a '71 F-100 that has 3.70:1 gears and I have installed new brakes on it. (the front axle will get a disc brake conversion) The wiring was too bad to use so it will all be replaced. I have ordered new glass and all the rubber seals, along with door seals, window runs etc. The previous owner had installed a really cool and probably rare Lincoln steering wheel and Hudson Hornet tail lights. The steering wheel is junk from setting so long and I have a new original '52 wheel. Other modifications were strictly farm related. I found what was left of a 1954 Marshfield newspaper in the behind the seat tool box, and a pop bottle in each cab corner one Coke and one RC Cola, along with the usual rusty tools, fishing lures, nuts and bolts. So, while I am going to restore the mechanics and the interior the rest of the truck will remain as found. Thanks for the information and help so far. I feel that if I totally restore this truck it will be just like every other restored truck, I'd like to retain it's character and improve it's mechanics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 51-1.jpeg (45.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg 52-2.jpeg (32.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg 52-3.jpeg (79.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 52-4.jpg (52.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg 52-5.jpeg (37.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 52-6.jpg (42.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 52-7.jpg (44.9 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by the human wrench; 01-22-2022 at 09:27 AM. Reason: misspelled word
the human wrench is offline   Reply With Quote