View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 1938 Ford Chatter Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Gischia View Post
Thanks Paul,
I also have a 29 closed cab, a 30 Woodie Wagon and a 31 Slant Window sedan.

My slant window has developed a sticky pop out since I took it out of winter storage. The amp gauge doesn't show a discharge when the ignition is supposedly off, but the battery drains. I'm suspecting a short in the wire to the distributor. Any suggestions?
Art,

I would like to suggest you start a new thread with a title that will attract the Model A guys. Now back to your original question. Look on your '38 engine directly above where the starter motor mounts. You should find a 1 inch thick boss with a hold through it. This is where the Chatter rod mounts to the block. There is also one on the other side of the engine. These rods extend back to the frame X-member. There should be a counter sunk hole in the X-member where the end of the rod mounts. Search the archives here and at earlyfordv8.org and you should find some pictures. You should be able to find a set with an ad in the wanted section. There were different lengths used but I cannot help on that question. If you are doing a restoration do you have a copy of the restoration guidelines from the Early Ford V8 Club (earlyfordv8.org)?

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote