Thread: Self respect
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 10:26 AM   #18
rotorwrench

Default Re: Self respect

I've worn out a half dozen creepers in my day. I still have two that I use and they are different types. One is a high wheel creeper I use it to do work under certain helicopters where there is plenty of clearance. It even has a fold up head rest. The other is a low boy that I use for automotive and helicopter work where clearance is in short supply. It has caster type wheels that are made from polyurethane. Snap on has given me a lot of replacement wheels for that one over the years.

When I have a quick job under a car, I still use cardboard from the large boxes that helicopter parts come in. It's easier to get up and down from them and quicker to throw them down and do a quick job that a creeper is just not practical for. Getting up and down to find tools that you forgot you needed under there is enough of a reason to use the cardboard. On a creeper, it pays to bring everything you need the first time.

In my next home shop, I'm going for a Rotary or a Bendpak two poster to work on the cars. The prices on them are high but it's not enough to really break the bank. I'm getting too old to crawl under old cars. It's not practical for the helicopters but it would be for the cars & light pickups.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote