View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #259
TonyM

Default Re: V-8 Fords on Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
TonyM ..................
You don't know what you are asking. The movie takes place in 1939 and most of it is outdoors. If you stopped the movie to record each car, it might take eight hours to get through it.
MIKE
No problem.

That's how I do it, but it don't take me 8 hours. I don't record each car, just the 1932-1953 Ford V-8 autos. And if there is a very clear shot of the vehicle, the film does not have to be stopped at all. I do appreciate that era location shots can provide a challenge, but as an historian I live for such tasks. Since most movies only have a couple of Fords that appear only briefly, most movies do not provide a huge challenge or require a large expenditure of time.

Look through this thread. For a very large majority of the movies that I list on this thread, I have actually watched the movie and recorded the Fords in this manner. I watched two movies last night and saw no Fords. I like old movies, so this is not a big deal. I get to see old movies and possibly early V-8 Fords in their natural habitat (and in some cases old America on location).

Since I am pretty busy guy, I can only watch a few movies a week. I do have a list of V-8 Fords on Film that I have been compiling for some time now (I could post every week and it would take a long time to run out of V-8 Fords on Film). I have a lot of movies featuring Fords that IMDb doesn't have.

Mike, Many thanks for the great tip. I am looking forward to seeing a movie that is so rich in old cars and especially old V-8 Fords.
Will be looking for this one. Thanks to all who have posted, I really appreciate the tips.

TonyM

Note: All photos used in my posts are the property of the Copyright owner (unless otherwise noted) and are being used here for educational purposes only.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote