View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 01:37 AM   #54
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Got an afternoon to make some progress. Working on the longitudinal roof stringers. They are quite clear pine and the boards laid out flat are shaped sort of like an elongated hockey stick. There are a right and left stack of 5 hockey sticks each laminated up. About 4x4 now and curved in two directions. I know with all the rattle traps I've written about and photographed here, many of you may be rolling your eyes that this beatnick is building some kind of woodie out of scraps and an old hammered pickup. I spend my days building furniture, doors, and cabinetry for clients, who along with their interior designers and architects who are very demanding. After work and weekends I have to do it differently. 'Free style' if you will. I am enclosing a shot or two of a dining set I recently built for our Washington State Treasurer and his wife so you will see I can do proper work when called upon to do so. I feel pulled to do a neat job of the woodie, might even spray on the paint when I get all the nice sheet metal I have saved in one of my sheds. Think I gotta brush the varnish though. Too many years working in boatyards in my younger years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woodie progress top rails 036.jpg (75.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg woodie progress top rails 064.jpg (58.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg woodie progress top rails 066.jpg (58.3 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg woodie progress top rails 085.jpg (75.7 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg woodie progress top rails 091.jpg (76.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg Zoombrowser pics 269.jpg (63.5 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Zoombrowser pics 345.jpg (64.0 KB, 153 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote