View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: What I Miss About The Old FORDBARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
What was better about the old FORDBARN, was about being able to have, even fifty, or more, responses to a single statement, all in the same thread. Now, they are separated by other statements. We lost that continuity. You could respond to the original statement or to another response. And, still be in the same thread.
BUT, the ease with photos is SUPER !
Just my opinion,
MIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODPRIMER View Post
Mike,,,you can respond at anytime to the original statement by clicking on that post where it says ,,or click to include others.

The old Barn has burnt down and now we have to get use to the new one. HRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
Hi Mike, you can do a lot of cool stuff here, you can form groups, you can have private convos, you can post pics and albums, I think that this will turn out way better, I think the guys just have to want to gel into groups and figure out how to use this tool to their advantage. This thing can be anything they want, they just have to work it their way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank The Plumber View Post
Like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrod View Post
Under "User CP" at the top of your screen, you can go to "Edit Options" scroll down half way to the bottom of the page and turn on that confusing feature by selecting "threaded" as the way you want the board displayed. then you have to do lots more clicking on each answer and reading the tree break down as to who responded to who, rather than just scrolling the page down.

But if you are looking for more clicks and navigation, you can turn that feature on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
yes but from the ashes a new phoniex arose,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrod View Post
You may also want to turn on subscriptions to posts you respond to or start. that is also under User CP (stands for Control Panel) and then Edit Options.

In the second "Messaging & Notification" section, change the Subscription box from "Do Not Subscribe" to "No Email Notification."

Now, whenever you come to the ford barn, click on User CP first to see if anyone responded to a comment you made. It will list all the comments that you are taking place in first. Then you can go read other comments, make comments, and grow your subscribed library of topics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52merc View Post
i agree with you mike i just tries the quote thingy but my message still ended up at the bottom of page we will what happens this time
,But they will be all together even if it is at the bottom of the page,,,I am just trying to help with the best of my ability,,HRP