View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #1

Default Question for Canadian barners

I bought my '34 Ford in western Canada, (Alberta), in 2005. I didn't get a registration when I bought it- only a bill of sale, (with the serial # on it). The fellow I bought it from said he never had a registration and the owner before him didn't either. Now I am trying to register the car in my name so I can take it for inspection and get a license for it. I am in Quebec and at the lic. bureau here they said I can't put the car in my name unless I have a registration certificate. I phoned the Alberta lic. bureau and was told the same thing. They say it was the responsibility of the seller to give me a reg. certificate. I tried to explain that the car sat in a barn for maybe 50 yrs. and the reg. was long gone. But they offered no advice or solution to my problem. Without the reg. they can do nothing! I have put a lot of time and money in this car and if I can't get the license for it I am really up the creek!
My question is; have any of you fellows ever had this problem with your cars and, if so, how did you resolve it?
Thanks in advance, Doug.
1934 is offline   Reply With Quote