View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #31
Synchro909

Default Re: Les Andrews books concerning errors within...

Listing errors in Les' books: where do I start???
many diagrams are back to front like anything to do with the steering. Levers shown on diagrams are nothing like what is fitted. (only one has a ball on the end)
Pictures of the 2 tooth steering box show the Steering shaft end play adjusting bolt on top of the steering box. It is on the side.
Clockwise and anticlockwise are confused in his instructions on adjusting the worm backlash.
He does not mention checking that the oil rings are the right way up (Yes, there is a top and a bottom side to them)
One thing he does get right is to have the oil scoop on the con rods facing the cam shaft. Parts suppliers tell you to have it face the passenger's side of the car WRONG
I could go on and on and on. Many of the errors are to with the fact that he knows diddley squat about RHD Model As, thus rendering his books of limited value unless the user is really on his toes and makes allowances.
I'll stop now but there are plenty of other instances, besides, my spleen is feeling better already.

Last edited by Synchro909; 08-24-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote