View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #15
chrs1961815

Default Re: Sticking Starter Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrack49 View Post
Tinkirk, I will check out the points and thanks for the heads up. I am also running 12v to most likely a 6v starter. It spins so fast it makes me a little crazy. Wish it were still a 6 volt system, but I don't think I will take the time to switch it back. A lot of guys I know switched their Model T's to 12 volt and usually did their starters in. I still have my 26 T running 6 volts.

1955cj5, thanks very much for the pictures. That will give me a start on the switch. I most likely will end up getting another switch if I can not get this one to work properly.
The thing that concerns me the most about the switch setup is where the rod goes through the floor has a lot of play up and down. Maybe there is a grommet missing or the old one is worn out there? Seems to me that something should be guiding the foot rod through the floor so that the starter rod actuates smoothly?
Tom L.
You are right about the grommet being worn or missing altogether. The switch rod has natural up and down play but that is not noticeable if you have a grommet. When you put a new one, you will have to file it to get the rod to not bind.