Thread: Flathead smoke
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #37
moefuzz

Default Re: Flathead smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Immler View Post
moefuzz. Thanks for all of this interesting info. It makes me proud that the API has had committees on Tubular Goods,Well Cements,Supply Chains and Above Ground Storage Tanks manufacturing a safe oil for my car and the environment..

Joe, I understand where you are coming from,
You being a Fire Fighter understands bureaucracy and/as well as political correctness.

This is more for my safety when I am working at 150 feet up a welded steel ladder on an ocean drilling platform on the Beaufort Sea.

The codes hold manufacturers accountable for lives that are lost due to Polish quality steel that no one in the USA will use, build, manufacture or incorporate at the cost of human life.

Any and all Petroleum production/jobs/wells/platforms/wellheads/processing plants/pressure or boiler vessels, ladders, buildings, under or on sea, land or air built in the USA or Canada will not use steel from certain countries including Poland, Ukraine, China, Korea and others.

I have welded 36" I beam for ocean going refinery platforms and at times you can smell strange things in the steel like PCB based coatings or radioactive leftovers that may have been used in the manufacturer/casting/forging of beams/pipes/hollow structures etc. that were manufactured in Czechoslovakia, Korea etc.

The API is the law in USA.
No one, No company can manufacture or market any product including the above mention oils, petro chemicals, gasoline, steels, plastics etc unless they show proof of adhering to the specifications laid out by the API,
which protect, my life, your life, the environment and Innocent victims.

--==========================--

What some fail to understand is that

companies like Shell etc, are Licensed by the API and must show complete and ongoing analysis and testing under API procedures before they can bring their oil or I beam to market.

Once Shell has proven content and submitted all the required test papers/procedures,
Only then can Shell APPLY FOR and Be Licensed to market that product.

The license can be revoked at anytime and Shell etc. is required by law to test and hold samples of every batch of said product for years just in case something goes wrong.

Shell must continually submit samples to the API for testing in order to maintain the right to hold a license to manufacture things like Rotella T rated at API CJ-4

--=============================--

In America,

The same specs hold true for
steels used on building things
like new twin towers
that Europeans
may wish to fly Aircraft into.

-Everybody just seems to think that we are living in bass-ackwards Poland and that you can put up to 35% antifreeze mixed in with the best red wine and no one will notice and no one is accountable when 100 Iron Workers die when the steel from Poland collapses on the 44th floor of the new Tower 2 in New York.

40 years ago I welded on contaminated steel from Czechoslovakia and it was not good then, it does not age well or loose it's radioactivity in 40 years and the pcb will give office workers cancer.

This is why WE have an API, and this is why Steel from a select few countries is specified, tested and used by North American manufacturers irregardless of whether the end product is for the USA or the Foreign market.

If your Polish product does not meet specifications, America will not license you and they will not use it.

But that doesn't mean that the rest of the world holds themselves responsible for "accidentally" putting lead in toothpaste or antifreeze in the best Polish wines.

I fully understand that foreigners don't get that fact that without a license, you can't drive a car in America without fear or retribution.

But maybe it's OK and nothing happens when you are driving without a license in Sweden and the anti freeze laced polish wine has gone to your head and the Russian quality steering knuckle on your Autogaz 500 fails and you take out a family?

-But in America,
things are licensed and
people are held accountable.

jmho,
And I Am Opinionated

Last edited by moefuzz; 02-22-2016 at 02:51 AM.
moefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote