View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
supergnat

Default Re: NOT "A" old houses.

Mr Tube,
What you may need to do to get the information your need is to go the the County Clerks office with your lot and block number information from your deed or tax bill. Ask the workers there how to trace the title transfer of ownership back from you to the previous owner and then to that previous owner, etc. It is not an easy process and you will need to look at and copy many pages documenting the transfer of ownership from one owner to the previous one. You will referencing information from many different books but that is the way the books are set-up. Be sure to take a tablet to make notes and cash to pay for the copies you make. lI suggested making copies of what you find so you have a printed record of what you have found with the previous owners name(s). As you already found out you cannot just go to a book around a specific date to get the information. I started to do mine and got back to the fifties but then ran out of time because the office closed. I think mine was built around 1885. If you are interested in seeing photos, send me a PM.
Good luck,
Supergnat,
Palmyra, NJ
supergnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)