View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #534
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

(With acknowledgement of Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan and TriStar pictures.)

Sleepless in Seattle.
I have particularly good eye site. I can still read the telephone directory. I take it outside in the sunshine, lay it on the ground and stand on a chair. Now that’s not too bad for a 71 yo. However it is difficult to read at less than 3 feet and for that I do need reading glasses. Sometimes I forget to carry them. One such case was to the airport terminal at Anchorage for a flight to L.A.
The boarding pass clearly states the gate number for departure. Without glasses I misread it and when there was no activity I enquired only to find we were waiting in the wrong gate. We had missed our flight to L.A. Should have taken my reading glasses.
When I say we I do mean myself and wife Patsy. The booking clerk rebooked us to L.A. via an overnight at Seattle where we arrived 4 hours prior to the L.A. departure the following morning. There was insufficient time to find a motel, sleep and return to the airport in time. So we slept in the airport lounge. No that’s not correct; we endeavoured to sleep in the airport lounge. Lounge chairs were in segments of 3 which provided insufficient room to lay straight. What a horrible night. Yes we too were “sleepless in Seattle”.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleepless.JPG (32.2 KB, 2 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote