View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #515
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Treated with Contempt and Arrogance.

I had shifted to Tocumwal and opened two accounts with the National Australia Bank (NAB). One a personal account and the second a business account. Things didn’t get off to a good start when they couldn’t locate my business account. They called later to say they had found the account, it had been transferred to Deniliquin, a branch some 50 miles west because business was more inline with their expertise. That pissed me off because they hadn’t consulted me. Well I got to know the business staff at Deni but it was only a few months later and they too couldn’t find my account. A search revealed it had been transferred to Finley because it was closer to where I lived. Again no consultation or advise. Some months later it was missing yet again but found to have been transferred to Cobram, some 9 miles south of Tocumwal and again without consultation. I don’t recall the reason but by now my tolerance was exhausted. Then the local branch holding my personal account bounced a cheque. That didn’t worry me greatly apart from the hefty fee because it was to the ATO (tax office). But when I pointed out to them I had a significant amount in my business account I was told to manage my money better.
I opened an account with a banking society and it’s now been15 years of trouble free banking. Impersonal but trouble free.
A recent “Royal Commission” into banking found the whole banking system was grubby. Some charging fees to accounts where the holder was dead. Many of them charged for services never provided. Repossessions where the amount seized was grossly- grossly in excess of what was deemed to be owing. Some changing the conditions of a loan after it was granted and running.
The old days of banking where there was a manager who had integrity are now history.
Do you think I was treated well by NAB?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manager.jpg (17.1 KB, 2 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 04-04-2019 at 08:57 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote