View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #98
Floyd

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

A set of NOS seat springs would be great but probably not going to happen. Snyder's is the go-to for springs. Their new ones will fit and work just fine. Old spring sets are broken and worn out and in most cases not worth messing with.
As to the brakes, the way to make them perfect is to check each and every clevis , pin and rod hole. You will find them with some or a lot of play. When you add up all the links that are in series you get a lot of slop and the brakes will never be acceptable. The solution is to buy the oversize pins from one of the good vendors (you want hardened pins) and fit them. the clevis's will be OK but you may find some of the rod holes worn too big. These can be welded up or look for good Ford rods to replace. The bushings in the cross shaft assembly will be shot and need to be dealt with. I am not familiar with the pieces for big trucks but you can probably find (with Fordbarn help) the cams, links and pins for the mechanisms in the backing plates. None of this is expensive but will take time to do and when done (perfectly) you will have "new truck" brakes. No shortcuts allowed or you will defeat the whole process. I know that perfectly done brakes on a '32 car will stop as good as any system.
I am still curious about who will be the hero that shows up with correct seat upholstery material. The new springs with quality padding will make for a comfy ride.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote