View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 12:53 AM   #102
cas3

Default Re: Australian 1940-1941 Ford Open Cab Pick-Ups

I sure like the posts from Mercman on the aussie stuff we dont see here in the states. but, now we have veered off a bit, so i will go sideways!. i was a big player in WW2 stuff for about 20 years, 80 to 2000's. the only fords were an M7 b1 gun motor carrage, same as a sherman but with a fixed 105 howitzer instead of a turret. no, it never ran, and no, i had no gun, i found one...but very expensive. 1100 ci ford V8. had 2 t16's, the flathead powered small tank, "universal carrier" similar to the Bren gun carrier of the Canadian and British army. Had about 15 dodges, 1/2 t, and 3/4t, of most styles, open cab, carryalls, weapons carriers, pretty much all types but never any ambulance. at one time, 11 halftracks. one restored ground up, one running original, the rest just parts chassis. 4 chevy 1 1/2 t's, 4 of the similar 4t autocar/federal open cab single ax trucks, 2 MB's, and even a 114 aluminum hull,amphibious, chevy v8 powered personnel carrier. All gone now, only a 1951 m38 jeep left. sorry, didnt mean to make a life history out of the "open cab" thread...i guess...i was in a typing mood !
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)