View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:37 AM   #23
KULTULZ

Post Re: 1954 Ranch Wagon Parts ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwawhite View Post

There is a 302/AOD in my car. What I don't like is the angle of the motor/trans and the lack of clearance at the firewall. There is a lot of room between the fan and radiator. If the motor was carbureted, it would need one of those angled spacers at the intake manifold. I have yet to take measurements of the driveshaft angle.

The motor is FI and the harness may have come with original motor, however the computer part number reads manual trans. My trans has a tv cable on it. The harness was not stripped down for the basic operation of the motor only.

I would have set up the engine mounts and wiring differently.
You're most likely OK with the ECM used. Usually for a EEC-IV conversion, a MANUAL TRANS ECM (electronic control module) is used as the AOD is not an electronic trans. The ECM is usually re-burned to eliminate certain emissions control circuits. Was the engine de-smoged?

Did they put a MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) on the car?

Did you ever post photos of the engine conversion? The engine should sit in the cradle normally.

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote