View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #14
Papa's CCPU

Default Re: And another Model A brought back to life!

Thanks everyone,
There is more to this trucks story that I will get to when time permits, short version for now is I planned for full restoration...but circumstances dictated getting it assembled to driver condition as best as possible...so far mission accomplished, almost!

With that said, I was fortunate to find someone with a virtual treasure trove of original parts, I was a kid in a candy store picking out items off my "missing pieces" list. So what your seeing is I'd say, maybe 80-90% original parts. Just nuts, bolts etc purchased new, (barely a handful left), seat springs, and wiring...

As for how it looks 75-100 foot paint job...what started out as a primer coat after taking care of surface rust, turned into "I wonder what that color will really look like"...

The color, well its as close to Commercial Drab as I could get in a rattle can...a few shades lighter I think, but close...I hope!

I was after a lighter color since it will show the body lines better....IMHO
What little paint was left, it was most likely Rock Moss. I figured there are plenty of those around and since this isn't a complete original, I could at least use an original Color....

Papa's CCPU is offline   Reply With Quote