View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: How to remove Quail Radiator Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_KS View Post
This is a dumb question but how do you remove the quail radiator cap from the car. It was on my car when I got it. I assumed a quarter turn then lift off like a normal radiator cap but it didn't come off easily and I don't want to scratch or bend something. My searches haven't turned up anything conclusive.

To open my quail I have to firmly grasp the bottom to keep it from turning then turn the bird on top 1/8 of a turn then it hinges open.

Thanks
No questions are dumb! Just some are easier to answer! These aftermarket pot metal caps are flip open types that are held in place by a plate inside the the fill port of the radiator, and they can be nasty to loosen to remove! But that is it, you will need an allen wrench. These pot metal caps, are just not made to last. There is another Thread on the Model A Forum of how to replace this Pot metal cap, and a lot of other ideas from Forum members. Search on "Motometer Radiator cap for 1930 Model A". Or you can just go buy another cap, or go back to just a stainless cap! Up to you!
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote