View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:09 PM   #31
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Mikesspeedshop NC-Shock Rebuilder BEWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHZIEMAN View Post
There are a couple things I know about what I don't know! I would have no clue, in physically looking at a Houdaille shock if it was suitable for rebuilding or a paper weight! And with my limited budget, I would do a lot of research and asking questions on this forum and others and web searches to arrive at finding a high quality rebuilder or place to purchase rebuilt shocks! I got on the web today, and did a lot of searching, and what I found is Ford Barn bad comments about MikesSpeedshop, no info directing me to MikesSpeedshop, but a host of rebuilders such as one (Apple in NY) that have web pages that tell you what to expect in cost and rebuilding and what can be accepted as a core and what is not acceptable. If I had a shock that needed evaluation, right now, there is only one way I personally could do it. Send it to a repair vendor that has a decent reputation and pay the price for quality. (and be able to accept feedback on condition of my core) If I don't personally know the condition, I am stuck with being told!)

While I am not trying to be critical of you and your thoughts, I feel your method is VERY flawed and the very reasons why people such as yourself tend to have issues.

To begin with, this thread is a perfect example of how misleading and misinformed posters on this site can be. If you hear all the facts from both parties, things seem to change tremendously but the majority of the time, you are forming your opinion without knowing the facts -or even personally knowing the poster! I dare say that very few people here have actually successfully rebuilt an A shock (--or even disassembled one for that matter), ...however we agree how there are plenty of people here who are willing to give an opinion no matter whether it is fact based or fiction!

While I understand you have little knowledge of shocks, instead of asking questions to random people on forums or on social media, why not contact Mike, or Apple, or John Holland directly and ask THEM your questions? These are the guys that do this professionally and are knowledgeable with experience. Digest what each one has told you and if you still have questions, contact that rebuilder again to ask more questions. If you need for accurate feedback, ask the rebuilder you are considering to give you some references from former customers. Contact/call those customers and ask how their rebuilt shocks are doing and their experiences with the rebuilder. This is how you should form your opinion.

One other thing to remember is that the shock rebuilder mentioned above may have 50 happy customers for every 1 unhappy one. The 50 happy ones never think another thing about their good experience with the rebuilder because that is what they expected which means they never say another word about their experience however the 1 unhappy one likely has retaliation on his mind and so he tells his side of the story for all to read. You make your decision based on 2% feedback that likely is not accurate anyway. Doesn't seem too smart on your part when it is put in that perspective!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote