View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
malpais

Default Screwed up 39 PU project a little - again!

It's great to learn from my mistakes, but wish I didn't learn EVERYTHING that way. Even do it despite the great help on the Ford Barn!

Read a lot about clutches etc on the Barn a while back
(Dec 12), and asked questions about clutch linkage arms, and adjusted purchases and process accordingly.

Found a flywheel for right size/type PP and had it resurfaced, got a Fort Wayne PP and disk. All went together good.

Last night I was reading old posts, and noticed some posts about 8BA flywheels, 59ab flywheels. I immediately thought "uh oh" (actually "oh s@#%"), waded through 18" of new snow with a flash light, and pulled off the starter.

Sho 'nuff! I put an old style flywheel on this '53 engine. I am now the proud owner of two 8BA resurfaced flywheels drilled for 11" clutches that I don't need, and a wrong old style resurfaced flywheel drilled for the components I do want to use.

Glad I'm old enuf to laugh at myself!

Ford Barn once again kept me from getting the body on, having the starter stick, clutch funny, and digging into everything again. Fairly easy to fix now.

Gordon