View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #61
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Apart from A,s what else do you collect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I collect rocks from all over the world. Got a pebble from the traditional baptismal site of Christ in Jordan, a piece of sandstone from Saddam Hussein's former ministry of defense building, volcanic rock from the big island of Hawaii, a chunk of rock from Dracula's estate in Romania, a piece of granite from the Crazy Horse carving in South Dakota, a meteorite that my dad found when he was a kid, and on and on........oh, and these cameras made in Germany that I have been trained to repair (for myself).
GREG JONES ...............
You should make a trip to Charleston, West Virginia. There is a mansion there, that was built by a very rich man, at the begining of the last century. He became Governor of W. Va.
Anyway, he traveled the world, collecting pieces, to build a giant fireplace, of items, which would be impossible to collect today. It is made of pieces of the Pyrimids, London Bridge, Great Wall of China and on and on. The mansion used to be a museum and was open to the public. It was was called SUNRISE. It is a law office today.
I have a Rolleflex and a couple 3F Leica bodies/lens that were my daily camera, before I found a couple Leicaflexes. Sorry to say, they are all collecting dust, now.
MIKE

Last edited by FL&WVMIKE; 08-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote