View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #17
Ken/Alabama

Default Re: KR Wilson axle stand specs questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
It's cool looking and all that, but to actually do any real maintenance or work on a banjo rear, this thing is ALMOST worthless. To do any real maintenance, you'd have to remove the torque tube and drive shaft. There goes the need for the big extension at the front. Then to get to the axles or gears, you need to unclamp the clamps and remove the axle bells. Anything else that you might need to do to the rear like brake and drum work, or even outer bearing changes would be done without removing the rear end from the car as an assembly. So, THIS tool is almost nothing more than space-robbing "eye candy". But it IS cool looking, and an absolute winner for bragging rights. Now, go ahead and throw something at me! DD
I was thinking exactly what you just said. Anyone who’s ever done much work on a banjo rear axle would understand this. It’s been on my mind to fabricate a fixture to secure the center section and still allow the pinion and bearings to be replaced and removing and replacing the axle housing during setup. Oh well,another project for another day.
Ken/Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote