View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #93
denniskliesen

Default Re: Rear Panhard Bar ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Hey Dennis,
Are you saying that you have already installed that rear that I supplied and that this is a picture of the housing ??

Wow, you are quick and it looks great !
BTW...You have installed the washers just like I did, AND just like the written instructions !

Yeah, I'll have to drill the 'HOLE' also (grade 8). I also had some minor hardware problems, but went to the junk coffee cans filled with junk fasteners. All went well after 4 hours. Hey, I'm old and slow remember !

One caveat. Ever hear of Murphy ? Well , this unit is very nice....but one 1/8" hole 'burr' stuck up and that's where I grabbed hold of the thing...whaah !
That's the one. The bearings didn't require a lot of shims so the width was near perfect and the pinion race was a good tight fit also. Btw I adjusted the for the length of the bolts on the sides of the center section to be the same as original bolts so they aren't too long or too short. I don't remember what the provided bolts were as I replaced everything in the kit to grade 8. No problem posting pictures, I just post them direct to this website from my computer.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote