View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #87
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Rear Panhard Bar ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Ok, I've done the 'job' and have a couple questions for YOU (yellow face) !
The (Snyder) instruction sheet says....'THERE IS A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THIS FRAME BRACKET THAT ALIGNS WITH THE HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME RAIL'.
My first question to you is...what did you do when you came to this ? My frame has NO hole (on either side of frame) ? Does you frame have such hole ?
FYI..I called Snyder's and spoke of their instructions and my 'no hole' situation. I do not want to have to drill any hole(s) in frame...unless necessary for INTEGRITY of strength of mounting bracket !

Second question: the 'BAR' hits/touches (where it crosses) the mount that you attach to the differential case. In your case/opinion is that a problem ?
Hardtimes, I honestly don't remember drilling a hole in the frame. I probably did but don't remember. I can't imagine why there would be a hole in the frame there originally.

Second question? I just crawled under my car to check and there in no way the 'BAR' comes even close to hitting. I can stick my finger between the closest point between the bar and mount. After being on the car for ~2 years there is not a mark on it. While I was under there I checked all the bolts and they are all still tight. Could you add a washer to space it away from the mount?

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 03-08-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote