View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Franny's Flatty

Default Identify this engine.

Hello all. Newbie here and first post. I would like to identify this V8 that I've had for about 15 years. On the left cylinder head is this: EAB 6050 D. The right side is: EAB 6049 D. Intake manifold not as clear so there are two possibilities. First: 8BA 8RT or 98A 9RT. Carb simply says: Ford. I have the cast iron bellhousing and the steel starter plate, however, they are not mounted on the engine. The engine is missing the fuel pump and I purchased a starter motor. The bellhousing and plate installation look pretty straight forward but how the starter attaches to them is the question. The two long bolts that hold the starter together line up with two threaded holes in the plate but I don't know if its a coincidence or if I'm on to something there. I can turn the engine over by hand and am thinking about doing a compression test after the starter works and change the oil. What about the the oil filter cartridge? Leave it or replace it? I know nothing about the condition of the engine. It was pulled from a flatbed truck (bigger than a pickup) and when the bellhousing and PP was removed, the clutch disc was missing every bit of the fiber material. I wonder if the truck was parked for that reason. I'd like to hear it run again!
Franny's Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote