View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
big job

Default Re: 6 volt, positive ground boost help?

I have been jumping these for 50 yrs no with no problems. Every thing we own, the
positive post is painted red with a paint pen so my electrical 'challenged' help don't
get blown up (they don't know what pos grd. is. ) Blow ups happen at the battery,
there are vapors there, not good, you clamp the 12vt red lead to a head bolt which is positive. Getting it running with 12vts after a long sleep. We do this all the time. At
the solonoid + side remove the feed wire, we call it the house wire. Next disconnect
the Batt. wire on the regulator, now the body & generator is dead, gauges everthing
else is dead. With a 12vt batt installed, jump the coil and jump the solonoid >make sure you know if the start terminal on solenoid is the ground type or the plus type if
you have solonoid with button on the bottom ya got it made..I only say this cause we
have a dedicated beat to death F6 dump to clean horse poop, thing won't start without 12vts at all, most likely needs a starter & ain't got time, so we jump it. Been
running all year this way even with a 6Vt coil. Now if you are dealing with 24vts you better know what ya doing............
big job is offline   Reply With Quote