View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #24
ken-r-mer

Default Re: Looking for a compression fitting

I've found the 1/4" o.d. tubing compression fittings w/ the sae 20 treads - no problem. Just can't find the 5/16". Might have to just redo the setup in 1/4". Or just compitulate to doing the flared fittings.

For those of you concerned about the copper tubing, its just between the stock fuel pump and the carbs.

I bought the pressure gauge (0-15 psi) and block from a holly double pumper setup on Ebay for $12. I cut the 3 lines off, had the chrome removed and will scuff the nickel and paint the block of metal to match the bronze fittings.

This is the proposed setup (dryfit before soldering the lines into the pressure gauge block, smoothing out the dings in the lines, and before either using the compression fittings or flaring the ends). Will clean the lines once the blemishes are addressed and will hit the lines w/ copper cleaner till its like a new penny, then will clearcoat the lines.

Also note, I trimmed the Offenhauser gasket to fit the manifold footprint. Can't understand why none of the intake manifold gaskets are in the shape of the intake manifold (stock or aftermarket).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0940.jpg (48.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0941.jpg (46.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0943.jpg (56.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by ken-r-mer; 09-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
ken-r-mer is offline   Reply With Quote