View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 08:29 PM   #34
Pigpen

Default Re: DEAD: 1948 Super Deluxe 8 Sedan

Just an update, as to not leave this thread hanging... The '48 and its 59AB is running fantastic once again. Drove it around pretty much all weekend without any starting or running issues.

When I finally got time and mess with the Super Deluxe this summer (this year went by way too fast and things got away from me) it now was a crank over but complete no-start, on top of the previous problem of just the no-start condition when warm. Was pretty much all ignition related and battery related.

Points were in not so great shape, the coil was also giving a problems with intermittent and low spark and the battery would drop to only 4.8 volts during cranking. Dropped in a Pertronix Igniter (1285LSP6) along with a new stock ignition coil, eliminated the rigged in ohmite brown devil resistor (soldered right to the original resistor) and bought a new 830cca battery instead of the now five year old 630cca battery. Also the glass bowl was leaking fuel, so a new gasket fixed that.

I'd post a picture of the ol' girl, but I'll be darned, trying to attach one here *puts hands in pockets, and kicks dirt*
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote