Thread: New block
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #250
Tod

Default Re: New block

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
If you have a casting in only a few months, you are truly dedicated to the task. Those who have started this in the last 10 or 15 years or so either never made it to the foundry or it took them years to get there. I suspect they didn't have much previous experience with this type of manufacturing process. It will really be something to see your prototype.
I will be interested to see how many people are really wanting one. Talking on a forum is one thing, buying is another. With the model A it seems few of the 100+ potential buyers from a poll want to step up and actually order one. I can sell plenty of them but there was a lot of talk compared to willing buyers. I guess seeing a running sample means nothing. Some people want to see it in other cars first, I know. And that is okay by me. Both markets are probably decent enough. I, too, am anxious to see the first casting. It is rare that I don't hit what I'm aiming at. I do have to do daily production machining of Snyder parts as well as my own. That takes a huge chunk of my week.

When I first did my own FE project it took me 3 months from the time I started modeling until I had a casting. But I was only working on that. It took me 3 weeks to model a 460 block ready for CNC cutting a pattern for Trickflow. After they made 2 castings, Summit (their parent company) stopped it. Corporate political issues.

A little more progress will be made on the model today and over the weekend, as I feel like it, and have time.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote