View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #23
Brian

Default Re: 1940 Flathead - Dual Groove Crank Pulley???

i have previously posted on this thread and stated I'd owned one of these pulleys and given it to a fellow in USA who needed it for a supercharger application. I wrote him on a different forum and below is his response, which gives part numbers etc. Quite helpful;

Hi Brian, I don't get to this site too often but when I do, for some reason, I didn't notice the PM alert.
So that is why I haven't answered your PM. My apology for not responding sooner.
I do go on the "Barn" almost daily and I have been following that thread. I tried a couple of times to post a picture but that ability seems to come and go with me. My pictures are stored on my laptop but it looks like the "Barn" needs something from a storage site. At least that's the way it looks to me. Anyway, the pictures that were posted do indicate the existence of that pulley which you and I know of and have seen. My Ford Chassis Parts Manual (aka, the green bible) for 1938-39-40-41 exclusively, shows that part as:
09B 6312-A [pulley-crankshaft (except DSR bus)]; Model 09B,19B for the years 1940 and 1941. Or
09B 6312-B [pulley-crankshaft (DSR bus only)]; Model 19B for 1941 only. I have no clue what a DSR bus is. The pulley that you gave me is 09B 6312 A1C or G, I can't make out the last digit . It does however, line up with the water pump and blower pulleys which is the important part.
I still have your e-mail address and I'll try so send you some of the pictures of my McCulloch.
I hope you and yours are well and as always, many thanks for the pulley. Regards, Ken